Charismatic and innovative, woodworker Roy Underhill has been educating and entertaining people with his unrivaled knowledge of traditional hand tools and woodworking techniques for more than 30 years. Now you can enjoy all the classic episodes from the 20th season (one of Roy’s personal favorites) of his hit PBS show any time you want. This 2-DVD set gives you six hours with Roy, in these episodes:
- Lap Desk — Watch and learn as Roy builds a reproduction of a simple walnut lap desk from the 19th century.
- Turned Corner Chair — Follow along as Roy shows you how to make a circa-1550 three-legged chair from the Flemish town of Rotterdam.
- Banjo Man George Wunderlich — Join Roy as he welcomes George Wunderlich and watch as he recreates a mid-1800s banjo.
- Writer’s Bookcase — Watch as Roy builds a small oak bookcase, without glue or fasteners, for easier disassembly.
- Timber Corner — Pick up valuable tips for large-scale woodworking from Roy as he builds the corner of a timber-framed structure.
- Decoy Carvers — Observe Nick Supone and Neal Conolly as they stop by "The Woodwright’s Shop" and demonstrate the hewing and carving techniques used in creating a duck decoy.
- Eastfield Village — Travel with Roy to Eastfield Village where he tours the museum’s restored historic buildings.
- Marquetry Master Patrick Edwards — Watch and learn as Roy visits with marquetry expert Patrick Edwards, and discusses the technique of "painting in wood."
- In the Blacksmith’s Shop — Join Roy for a visit with blacksmiths Peter Ross and Ken Schwarz where they demonstrate making bench chisels and more.
- Toys That Make Noise — Watch as Roy soldiers a tin-can bird whistle and makes a boxwood whistling top.
- Carving with the Cabinetmakers — Travel along with Roy to the Hay Cabinet Shop at Williamsburg for a furniture-carving talk with Master Mack Headley.
- Windsor Chair — Watch as Roy visits with Mike Dunbar of the Windsor Institute as he demonstrates the process for building a sack-back Windsor chair.
- 20th Anniversary Show — Join Roy as he looks back on 20 years of “The Woodwright’s Shop,” including highlights of guests, projects and memorable moments.
Whether you’re a life-long woodworker, new to it, or rediscovering the joy of woodworking all over again, you’re sure to find inspiration, encouragement and valuable information every moment you spend with Roy.