The Woodwright's Shop with Roy Underhill, Season Six, 2-DVD Set
By Roy Underhill
Charismatic and innovative, woodworker Roy Underhill has been educating and entertaining people with his unrivaled knowledge of traditional hand tools and woodworking techniques for more than 30 years. Now you can enjoy all the classic episodes from the sixth season of his hit PBS show any time you want. This 2-DVD set gives you six hours with Roy, in these episodes:
- A Turning of the Screw — Roy looks at the making of wooden screws for use in the shop.
- That Old Spoon Carver — Roy visits with expert spoon carver Roger Sandstrom to talk technique, wood selection and more.
- Don’t Crush That Bookstand — Create a classic wooden pliers whittled from a single piece of wood, and then expand the concept to a folding bookstand using similar joinery.
- A Folding Lathe — Roy shows how to build an 18th Century French lathe designed to fold up and store in the corner.
- Jacobean Stool — In two parts, we learn how to create the traditional joinery for a Jacobean stool, and how to complete the turnings and carvings.
- Things They’d Never Make — We spend some quality time with Roy making small projects from scrap wood, including wooden ties, a pop gun, ado-nothing machine and a flying top.
- Anderson’s Forge — Roy travels to the John Anderson Forge at Colonial Williamsburg to look at how nails, hinges and tools were made in Colonial America.
- The Botetourt Chair — Roy takes a look at 18th Century woodworking details found in furniture from the Colonial Williamsburg cabinet shop.
- Lap Desk — Build one of the classic 18th Century projects with Roy; a Shaker lap desk.
- Rachel’s Wagon — Roy walks through the steps required to build a wooden wagon for his daughters – but manages to have some fun himself.
- Toolmaker’s Art — Roy visits with Peter Ross at the Anderson Forge to look at 18th Century tool making, in particular, a gentlemen’s hatchet.
- House Framing, Doggie Style — Only the best for Roy’s pooch, Grit: a brick and Tudor framed doghouse is this episode’s project.
Whether you’re a life-long woodworker, new to it, or rediscovering the joy of woodworking all over again, you’re sure to find inspiration, encouragement and valuable information every moment you spend with Roy.
You save: $10.00 (25%)
Charismatic and innovative, woodworker Roy Underhill has been educating and entertaining people with his unrivaled knowledge of traditional hand tools and woodworking techniques for more than 30 years. Now you can enjoy all the classic episodes from the sixth season of his hit PBS show any time you want.