Roy Underhill is back yet again for Season Twenty Two. In this DVD set, you will learn how to make a baby's cradle, visit the, work with Dan Mack, explore Colonial craftsmanship and so much more! For over 30 years, Roy Underhill has been educating and entertaining audiences with his unrivaled knowledge of traditional hand tools and wood building techniques.
Each episode is filled with classic woodworking techniques and how-tos, including:
- Dovetail A Triangular Box — A three-sided box?! Well that’s different. Let Roy show you how to make a triumphant triangular box for your trifocals.
- Shaker Work Table — Clever, elegant and delicate beauty. Roy shows you how to produce a wonderful little Shaker work table.
- Craftsman Wall Cabinet — Roy's bringing craftsmanship back into our lives with an Arts & Crafts style cabinet.
- Scandinavian Milking Stool — Have fun building a folk milking stool. Think of the possibilities!
- Spill Plane & Book Stand — What the heck is a spill plane and how do you make a hinged book stand out of one piece of wood?
- Canadian Cradle — Roy shows you how to build a delightful rocking cradle for a newborn baby.
- Shutter Dogs from the Blacksmith — Roy learns how to make shutter dog that is used to hold open shuttles when not to use.
- Rustic Furniture Maker — Meet Dan Mack, and see how he fabricates fascinating furniture out of naturally occurring materials.
- Williamsburg Wheelwright — Find out what it takes to make a wheel at the Palace Wheelwright Shop in Colonial Williamsburg.
- Limberjacks & Dancing Dolls — Roy shows you how to build wonderful articulated dancing toys called Limberjacks!
- Plymouth Plantation Woodworkers — See how the Pilgrims performed early American woodworking with just a few basic tools.
- Colonial Carpenters — Learn the difference between a carpenter and a joiner. Hint: Think doors, windows & stairs.
- Craftsmen of Old Sturbridge Village — Visit Old Sturbridge Village, and meet the 1930s American—a farmer/craftsman.