The Woodwright's Shop Season Twenty Five - 2-DVD Set
Join Roy in his 25th Season of Woodwright's Shop! The Woodwright's Shop has been providing high quality instruction in traditional woodworking for over 30 years. In Season 25, Roy focuses on tips and secrets to make fun projects easier. This season is packed with episodes that will teach you about woodturning, woodcarving, making cabinets, building a garden bench, and much more. You'll enjoy making some interesting and practical projects along the way.
- Garden Bench: Build a small garden bench made of Cypress, and with a south-east Asian design.
- Wooden Puzzles: Avoid being frustrated by wooden puzzles by making a wooden knot, and three burr puzzles yourself.
- Jeff Headley, Cabinetmaker: Jeff Headley and Steve Hamilton visit the shop to show the construction techniques - and secrets - in a Winchester slant-top desk.
- The Melencolia Plane: Build the wooden plane pictured in Albrecht Durer's Melancolia
- Three Chests of Tools: Join Roy as he inventories woodworking tools he found in three tool chests.
- Woodturning Wisdom: Roy discusses the "perfection along the axis" found in woodturning.
- Niddy Noddy & Weaver's Swift: Build two accessories valuable to the weaver.
- Cabinet Workbench: In a two-episode project, Roy builds a workbench with storage underneath from a design from Charles Hayward. In the first episode Roy builds the case, and then in the second finishes with the door and drawers.
- Nora Hall, Woodcarver: Nora Hall visits the shop and shows the steps to carve a linenfold design.
- Country Chair Seats: David Russell visits and shows the intricacies of corn-shuck chair seats.
- The Museum of Appalachia: Roy discovers the history of Appalachian people at the museum in Clinton, TN.
- Restoring Jefferson's & Madison's Homes: Roy visits Monticello, Poplar Forest and Montpelier to follow the work of the two men who were responsible for most of the construction and woodworking.
See a preview here!