Learn to maximize the strength, perfect the appearance and design the soundest joints for any situation with this narrated slide show of joint illustrations — plus 13 of our best mortise-and-tenon articles.
On this CD, you'll find:
- Rules for sizing joints in any situation: casework, tables, chairs
- Proper fit and fabrication guidelines
- Adapt proportions for complex situations
- How to break the rules (and stay out of trouble)
- Weak points – and how to avoid them
- Instruction on making through, drawbored and wedged tenons
- And more!
Robert W. Lang is the executive editor of Popular Woodworking Magazine, and the author of several books on the style and construction of Arts & Crafts furniture, as well as our ShopClass CDs on Google SketchUp.