This DVD covers the process of transferring the design to wood, lowering down the background and carving the acanthus leaf.
In this DVD, renowned wood and stone carver and instructor, Mary May, walks you through the step-by-step process of carving a basic acanthus leaf on a cabriole leg and on a turned post. You're sure to enjoy the two videos featured on this DVD, and walk away with new techniques and methods you can use today for better carving tomorrow.
This DVD shows:
- the process of lowering down the background
- the step-by-step process of how to carve the acanthus leaf
- identification of tools that are used in each step
- techniques of working with the grain and how to keep the design flowing
Included with this DVD:
- Full-size templates
- Written instructions on how to draw the acanthus leaf
- List of tools required
- Identification of tools that are used in each step
- Techniques of working with the grain and how to keep the design flowing
NOTE: This DVD does not include carving the knee block. This is simply a basic instruction on carving the main acanthus leaf.